Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ode to my Mom and Dad

 I am dedicating all my "Tulip series" paintings to my Mom and Dad, may he rest in peace...To their forever lasting love and their love of tulips. I found this poem that describes best my parents love for each other:

Forever Lasting Love

When she looks in his eyes
she sees her future.
The clouds seem to part
when ever there together.
everything is once again
beautiful and surreal.

Life is magical with him in it.
She's no longer lonely all the time.
With him there she is free as a bird,
flying on the wind in the blue skies.
Her soul now freely souring high
and her heart has strong wings to flow.

He is her one true love.
Their love will last forever,
even when one is long gone
no longer among the living.
They now they will find each other,
among the angles in the clouds above.

Their love is forever lasting.
~by His Angel

  1970

 Tulips inside the house "tricked" to bloom in February

20 years past since my dad past away, but I often can feel his spirit near me, 
especially when I'm painting his beloved tulips.

 Copyright 2011© Jurate Phillips , All rights reserved
  "Tulips make me feel like painting"
  48"w x 32"h x 1.5"d
Acrylic on masonite
For pricing or purchase please visit my website
www.GourmetArtStudio.com

The meaning of tulips:
The red tulip's meaning is construed from a Turkish legend, in which the Prince Farhad fell in love with the maiden Shirin. Upon learning of his beloved's death, the prince killed himself, and the legend states that a red tulip shot up from each drop of his blood. Because of this, red tulips in particular symbolize perfect love and passion, as well as a declaration of love.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment